UB-UPC-UOC Open Access Observatory
This observatory aims to monitor the status of Open Access in the Universitat de Barcelona
, in the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
and in the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
. On the one hand, it is wanted to measure and show the open scientific production of these institutions and on the other one it is wanted to analyze the costs and the habits of the investigators when publishing openly.
Following the initiatives of other countries such as Denmark
and United Kingdom
, this observatory wants to bring together the results of several research institutions obtained from the same methodology and have aggregate information.
The observatory shows for each year since 2011, the scientific articles of each university published in open and closed access. The information sources used are Web of Science and Scopus.
After eliminating the duplicates, from the DOI is recovered the number of articles that
- have been published in open access magazines (gold)
- have been published in subscription journals that offer authors to publish in immediate open access by paying an APC (Article Processing Charges) (hybrid)
- have been published in open but the articles do not have a license that allows the reuse (bronze)
- are only open in institutional or thematic repositories (green)
- are not in open access (no OA)
When an article is published openly in a magazine and in a repository it has been counted one time, prioritizing the publication in the magazine and not the deposit in the repository.
When an article is in a repository but is not in open access because it has an embargue it has not been accounted for as an open access article.
The information is updated annually.